A new family of stainless steel fork sensors from Balluff (Florence, KY) offer resistance to aggressive cleaning agents, chemicals, coolants or other media provides a viable solution for demanding environments in a wide variety of applications, including hygienic. The new IP67/IP69K stainless steel variants complement Balluff’s existing portfolio of fork sensors including all light sources, glass and liquid detection versions, and are ideal for the packaging, food and beverage industries. In addition, these sensors can be used in other applications and industries that demand a robust housing to withstand the toughest environments. Features include:
- Normally open and normally closed outputs for easy integration into control systems.
- Multiple light sources — red light for easy setup or infrared light source for highly contaminated or environments with water or mist in the air — which enable this sensor to be used in a multitude of applications.
- A pigtail with M12 connector and integral LEDs for output function and power on indication, aiding in fast and easy troubleshooting.
- No alignment required, self-contained through beam sensor.
- PMMA optic lenses and stainless steel housing for food and beverage applications.
- Complimentary outputs and optional light sources.