Sentry Protection Products (Lakewood, OH) announces the pending launch of the Collision Sentry Corner Pro, the latest model in the company’s evolutionary line of collision warning systems. Product availability is expected mid-December. Like earlier models of the Collision Sentry, the Collision Sentry Corner Pro creates a safer work environment in industrial settings by reducing or eliminating blind corner collisions that happen when forklift traffic and pedestrian traffic intersect. The Corner Pro features upgrades that optimize performance and maximize efficiency. Specifically:
- The compact design and new shape optimize the angles for the sensors and warning lights and the clam shell body improves environmental resistance.
- Redesigned infrared detectors improve the IR sensitivity, increase consistency, expand the detection zone range and are less susceptible to damage.
- Collision Sentry Corner Pro is self-powered, operating on three D-Cell batteries. Changes in engineering have improved the battery life which is estimated at a minimum of 12 months. A stand-alone low battery indicator flashes blue and beeps every four seconds when battery power begins to run low, making it easier to detect when battery change is needed.
- A removable panel on the front of the unit allows for ease in changing batteries or setting the sound level. Simple control switches regulate the sound (on or off) and the volume (high or low). No tools are needed.
- Flush mounted magnets allow the Collision Sentry Corner Pro to easily snap on to the pallet rack and provide a tighter fit to the corner uprights. Integrated mounting points eliminate the need for Z-clips when attaching the unit to non-magnetic surfaces.