Applied Motion Products (Watsonville, CA) has introduced the TSM14POE StepSERVO Integrated Motor with Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality. PoE technology provides DC power and Ethernet communications over a single cable, enabling innovative solutions for space-constrained and remote locations.
The TSM14POE StepSERVO Integrated Motor with PoE technology offers:
- A motor, encoder, drive, and controller in a single integrated motor package.
- No need for an external motor controller -- integrated motor receives power and Ethernet communications over a single cable.
- Compact size and integrated control electronics allow simpler motor mounting.
- StepSERVO Technology for greater torque, higher acceleration rates, better efficiency, decreased motor heating, and less audible noise.
- Adaptable to existing industrial Ethernet networks with support for common protocols such as Modbus TCP.
- Compatibility withPoE+ switches and injectors that support the IEEE 802.3at Type 2 specification.
- A NEMA 14 frame.
- An integral 4096-count magnetic encoder for high position and velocity accuracy.
- On-board motion control using Applied Motion’s Q Programming language enables the motor to run motion control profiles on its own as well as programmatically react to messages received on the Ethernet network.
- Two connector options, X-coded M12 and modular RJ-45, permit the use of standard, widely available Ethernet cables.
For more information, visit https://www.applied-motion.com/.