Brother Gearmotors (Bridgewater, NJ) introduces IPMax, a line of lightweight, compact interior permanent magnet (IPM) gearmotors with a wide synchronous speed range. Additional features include:
- Magnets embedded within the rotor, as opposed to on the surface.
- No copper losses are experienced in the rotor, and considerably less copper losses occur in stator winding.
- The ability to operate fanless up to 1 hp, and do not require encoders for sensor control. When stopped, a servo lock feature holds the motor in position.
- According to the company, they are 23 percent smaller than comparable ie3 motors, and run 24 percent cooler.
- Programmable I/O terminals can be changed according to external circuits or applications.
- An ingress protection rating of 65 (IP65).