BRECOflex CO., L.L.C. (Eatontown, NJ) has expanded its move-series line of timing belts with the launch of the AT15move timing belt. It joins the AT10move, first introduced in 2014. According to BRECOflex, the AT15move is the stiffest polyurethane timing belt you can buy. It is specifically designed for heavy-duty high-performance drives with a particularly high stiffness requirement. It is also made for linear drive applications where short settling times and high positioning accuracy are a necessity. AT15 move-series features and benefits include:
- A lower polygon effect than AT20 or ATL20 and more teeth in mesh.
- Specially developed steel cord tension members that increase belt stiffness and tensile strength, making transmission of stronger forces possible.
- Up to 40% higher belt stiffness than ATS15 and AT20, and 25% stiffer than ATL20 of the same width.
- Greater tooth shear strength than AT20 and ATL20 of the same width.
- Move-series belts have optimized tooth geometry through the use of Finite Element Method (FEM) technology, yielding better contact pressure distribution and reduced areas of stress.
- The red laminate belt coating reduces friction for better wear.
- Higher belt strength allows for a more compact drive design at the same safety factor which saves space, inertia and cost.
The AT15move BFX truly endless timing belt is currently available for sale and the AT15move M for linear drives is available for sale beginning in October, 2018.