Nord (Waunakee, WI) has a new helical-worm gear unit. The redesigned two-stage SK 02040.1 is ideal for conveyors in food and beverage, bottling, manufacturing, warehousing and packaging applications. Features include:
- A high-strength aluminum alloy construction.
- A one-piece die-cast aluminum UNICASE housing that provides strength and rigidity.
- A universal mounting design.
- A power range from .16 to 1.5 HP (0.12 to 1.1 kW).
- Output torque up to 885 lb-in (100 Nm).
- A range of speed ratios (5.3:1 to 330:1).
- Availability with solid, keyed or keyless hollow bores.
- Input options to a variety of motors, including direct mounting, NEMA and IEC.
- A drop-in replacement to the previous SK 02040 cast iron product.