Engineers from Creform (Greer, SC) have built and developed a cart for a manufacturer of electronic storage systems. The ESD, high-value electronic parts are stored on two levels for additional security and protection and the cart is used to move parts from the warehouse to the line side assembly point.
This storage cart features two enclosed levels with latching doors on both sides for easy access. Each level has a solid horizontal surface and is enclosed with translucent plastic panels. The open-door design on each level enhances visual management while providing a secure location for the parts. Additionally:
- The cart features a fabricated steel base including a Creform custom hitch for regular towing through the manufacturing plant behind a manned tugger, but hitches could also be used for AGV delivery.
- The fabricated base provides a longer, more durable life span for the cart, while a drag chain is also installed to help reduce the static buildup while the cart is moving.
- The cart shown, built with clamped together 28 mm ESD plastic coated steel pipe and ESD metal joints, has overall dimensions of 39" L x 28" W X 62" T and is designed to hold up to 300 lb.
- It features four large diameter casters with six-inch wheels for easy rolling and positioning. Two of the casters swivel.
- As with all Creform carts, higher capacity and custom cart sizes and configurations are possible with the Creform system of 28 mm and 42 mm plastic coated steel pipes and metal joints.
- Creform carts come in a wide variety of pipe color options and are available with upgrade hitches for AGV delivery.