Creform Corporation (Greer, SC) has designed and produced a wide mobile flow rack for lineside use for a large automotive assembly plant. The assembly plant uses this rack to help flow production parts to the line and for its flexibility and reusability. Specifically:
- The rack is built utilizing Creform’s 28mm pipe and joints.
- It features Creform’s skate wheel conveyor, selected for its excellent flow characteristics and value.
- The low-friction skate wheel conveyors allow for shallow flow lane angles that are suitable for both plastic returnable totes as well as cardboard boxes.
- The gravity flow rack assists in first-in, first out (FIFO) inventory management.
- Each of the top two flow lane levels of the flow rack features ten skate wheel conveyors and provides the flexibility to handle a wide variety of box sizes and types. In this instance there are no lane dividers for complete loading flexibility and the very top supply level is set back 6 inches to improve access to parts in the boxes presented below.
- There is also an empty container return level on the bottom, and the rack includes some extra height to allow for plenty of room to adjust the levels
- Each of the flow rack’s levels can be repositioned or the whole flow rack can be customized with simple tools.