Air Technical Industries (ATI; Mentor, OH) has developed a new innovative tow truck and cart transport system that will streamline product flow through facilities. The Tug Master system is composed of a self-contained industrial tug tractor combined with a variety of unique, mobile trailers that form a train to simultaneously moves multiple containers of material or parts to each individual workstation. It offers quick, ergonomic, safe and cost-effective movement of products, and eliminates multiple trips than would be taken with a more expensive fork truck.
Features include the following:
- Multiple styles of trailers available, including a lift-and-carry, high lift and tilt version. Wheeled baskets, pallets, boxes or even equipment can be loaded or rolled on the trailers easily and effortlessly.
- Once the trailers have been loaded, the containers will be raised for travel between 3” to 8” for the lift-and-carry variation.
- After the Tug Master pulls the trailers to a destination, the trailers can lower wheeled containers so they can be rolled right off the trailer. The high lift version raises the load 36” to a comfortable working height while the tilt version provides a 90° container tilt enabling workers to pick up parts without bending or reaching into the containers. Workers will increase efficiency and safety without much effort.
- The trailers can be equipped with lifting forks, Zero-Low platform for ground level loading, coil rams, cradles or flat platforms, etc.
- Depending on the weight of the load, one person can transport 3, 4, or 5 trailers at the same time. The lift trailers can be manually operated for economy. A popular time-saving upgrade offers trailer lifts with battery-operated push button control.