According to Wildeck, Inc. (Waukesha, WI) the SmartControl system for hydraulically-operated VRCs (Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors) is the most intelligent material lift control system in the industry today. The system protects the customer’s investment by sensing when one of a dozen or more faults occur, then immediately sounds an audible alarm specific to the fault condition. This saves precious time for the operator to quickly identify the fault and make necessary corrections before the lift or its cargo are damaged. Key VRC SmartControl features include:
- A fault-specific audible alarm (with adjustable horn volume).
- A large placard at the control panel, and at each station to describe the fault condition.
- Accurate solid state hydraulic pressure sensors to replace a mechanical pressure switch; no more adjustment or maintenance is required.
- A “smart” Allen-Bradley PLC (programmable logic controller), pre-programmed with Wildeck’s patented AutoSenz software (U.S. Patent No. 7,408,317) for automatic jam sensing and VRC overload protection.
- Extensive system diagnostics and VRC fault detection, including over-capacity, open gates and their location, VRC jams, hydraulic pressure, pump motor status and more.