Wildeck (Waukesha, WI) has introduced a new product category for vertical material lifts. The new “RML” product category is designed to be a major advancement over a traditional VRC (vertical reciprocating conveyor) since it allows authorized personnel to safely travel with their material between levels. According to Wildeck, its new RiderLift Type B Rideable Material Lift (RML) is a breakthrough new product and is in a class by itself, as customers can now enjoy the convenience of an elevator at a fraction of the cost. The RiderLift RML is ideally suited for industrial applications and, unlike a VRC, the RiderLift has been designed to allow an authorized person to ride with their cargo to a second level and avoid having to climb stairs or rely on a co-worker to offload material when the lift reaches its destination. Benefits of Wildeck’s new RML include:
- An increase in material handling efficiency.
- Time savings, by allowing workers to travel between levels with their material.
- Improved safety, reduced fatigue, and minimized lost time accidents.
- The ability to increase the utilization of facility capacity gained from mezzanines, rack systems and pick modules.
- Can be purchased and installed at a fraction of the cost of an elevator
Standard car size is 6.0 ft. x 6.0 ft. x 80” H, and lifting capacity is 2,500 lbs., including rider. Standard top lifting height is 14 ft. (GND + 1) and lifting speed is 20 fpm. The RiderLift material lift is available in either “C” or “Z” loading patterns and features a keyed “enable” switch inside the car to ensure use only by authorized personnel. The RiderLift RML meets ASME A17.1 / CSA B44 code requirements.