Cortec Corporation (St. Paul, MN) announced that VpCI-641 and VpCI-641 PTSA corrosion inhibitors for hydrotesting and freshwater cooling systems earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product label.
Biobased Formula for Sustainable Water Treatment
- Water-based blend of contact and Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors for protection of ferrous and non-ferrous metals in industrial waters
- Contains 69% USDA certified biobased content
- Can be used at fairly low concentration levels for greater economy and lower conductivity
- Provides corrosion protection during hydrostatic testing
- In some cases can be used in closed loop cooling systems filled with fresh water
- Includes a PTSA tracer option
- Biodegradable water treatment product that does not contain nitrite or phosphate inhibitors
VpCI-641 and VpCI-641 PTSA underwent third-party testing to confirm the amount of biobased content displayed on the labels.
VpCI-641/VpCI-641 PTSA surpass minimum biobased content requirements under the Corrosion Preventatives category (53% minimum biobased content). By using these products, federal agencies and contractors can comply with federal purchasing preferences in their everyday product acquisition.
Users can choose VpCI-641 and VpCI-641 PTSA as workable alternatives to similar corrosion inhibiting water treatments that are not biobased and have higher dosage rates.