Regal Components (East Providence, RI) has introduced custom core pins, sleeves, ejector pins, blades and punches fabricated in special shapes and sizes for manufacturing medical and electronic devices. Features include:
- Tip diameters down to 0.002”.
- Lengths to 14” with tolerances to ±0.000050”.
- Surface finishes to 2 RMS.
- The ability to include tapers, rings, vents, ribs and spirals shaped using wire EDM.
- Treatments such as draw polish, plating and coatings.
- Tool steels including M-2, A-2, A-10, H-13, S-7, PM-M4,PM-10V, PM-15V (toughness, wear resistance); 420SS and 440SS (corrosion resistance); and beryllium-free copper alloys (optimum thermal values).