Mitsui Seiki USA (Franklin Lakes, NJ) announced its newest line, the J12/J/16 jig borer series, which combines large capacity and high precision to meet the increasing need for accuracy for machining workpieces such as molds and castings.
The machines offer:
- Y-axis stroke of either 1,250 mm or 1,600 mm, with standard table sizes of 2,400 mm x 1,250 mm or 2,900 mm x 1,600 mm
- Table lateral movement accuracy of 2.5 µm or better
- Z-axis guide system restrained on four sides to maximize rigidity and reliability, and dual ball screws ensure stable feed motion
- 12,000 rpm 50 taper spindle
- Automatic tool change capacity of 60 tools
For precision holemaking applications, XY interpolation enables the J12/J16 machines to carry out high-precision contouring by utilizing an end mill. Pitch accuracy is within 5 µm even for large-pitch holes.
Additional options such as quill spindle, increased work capacity, as well as automation features are available to meet the customers’ needs.