Cortec Corporation (St. Paul, MN) introduced the VpCI-126 HP UV Shrink Film, which provides the option of expanding storage outdoors while getting corrosion protection.
VpCI-126 HP UV Shrink Film combines high-strength resins with ultraviolet (UV) light stabilizers and Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitor Technology. This film construction provides multi-metal protection for parts, equipment and vehicles for up to three years.
Corrosion inhibitors in the film vaporize and condense on metal surfaces within the enclosed space to protect metals in direct contact with the film and those in recessed areas.
VpCI-126 HP UV Shrink Film can be shrink-wrapped with a variety of shrink tools to create a streamlined unit.
The shrink film can be easily removed, leaving the asset corrosion-free and ready to use.
VpCI-126 HP UV Shrink Film can be used in:
- Seaside storage of giant marine engines awaiting shipment.
- Preservation of oil and gas inventory valves too large for indoor storage.
- Overflow storage for equipment build-ahead programs.
- Integrity assurance for assets awaiting installation in a greenfield project.
- Layup of critical spares.