ITW Vortec (Cincinnati, OH) has introduced the ProtEX Vortex A/C, certified for Zones 1 and 21, designed to provide a safe cooling option for industrial facilities with hazardous locations which require ATEX certification. According to the company, previously industrial facility managers had to purchase large, heavy and expensive hazardous location air conditioners, requiring a large initial investment with ongoing maintenance costs. The new ProtEX models, however, are small, economical and easily installed with low maintenance costs. Features include:
- Certification to the latest EN ISO 80079-36:2016 standard.
- 900, 1500, 2500 or 5,000 BTU/hour cooling capacity to suit the differing needs of each enclosure and facility.
- The ability to operate in environments up to 175 degrees F.
- A design which cools enclosures quietly rather than adding to industrial noise, with 62 dBA operation; 78% quieter than typical vortex coolers.
- A mechanical thermostat turns the unit on only when necessary, and a design that ensures that no ambient, dirty or humid air enters the cabinet.
- No required wiring and can be easily installed in minutes.
All four of the Vortec ProtEX models have a small footprint to fit on all enclosures and in confined areas; and can be mounted to the top or side of the enclosure. The Vortex A/C units have already been successfully cooling a wide range of industrial environments from petrochemical plants to food manufacturing.