Streamlight Inc. (Eagleville, PA) has launched the upgraded PolyStinger LED HAZ-LO, a rechargeable, intrinsically safe flashlight that uses a Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery for longer run times, and offers an enhanced output of 260 lumens. The new model is suitable for use in Class 1, Division 1 hazardous environments faced by many industrial and fire professionals. Additionally:
- The new model uses a high power LED to provide 260 lumens and 16,000 candela for five hours on the high setting, and 80 lumens and 5,700 candela for 16 hours on low. The PolyStinger LED HAZ-LO also has a moonlight mode, allowing for 20 days of continuous run time.
- Constructed of super-tough, non-conductive chemical and corrosion-resistant nylon, the light offers an unbreakable polycarbonate lens with a scratch-resistant coating.
- It features a camshaft style grip and is equipped with a multi-function, head-mounted electronic pushbutton switch designed for extremely long life.
- The new light measures 10.2 inches in length, and weighs 13.5 ounces with its battery, a 4-cell, 4.8 volt Nickel Metal Hydride sub-C battery, which is rechargeable up to 1,000 times. It is compatible with existing Streamlight Stinger and smart chargers.
- The PolyStinger LED HAZ-LO is O-ring sealed, features an IPX4 rated water-resistant design and is impact resistance tested to 3 meters.
- Available in black or yellow, the light is backed by Streamlight’s Limited Lifetime Warranty.