SOUTHCO (Concordville, PA) has expanded its line of VISE ACTION Compression Latches with a new covered version that allows the operator to identify whether the latch is open or closed. Southco’s E3 VISE ACTION Compression Latch with Bi-Stable Cover is designed with a cover that pops open when the latch is not secure, providing visual indication of latch status. Southco’s standard E3 VISE ACTION Compression Latch has been modified to work with a special cover that is installed on top of the latch at the time of assembly. Specifically:
- The cover includes a bi-stable hinge that permits the cover to be fully opened or fully closed only.
- When the latch is not fully closed, the cover cannot be closed and pops open, indicating that the latch is not secure.
- When the latch is fully closed, the cover can also be fully closed, providing clear visual indication that the latch is secure.
- By allowing operators to easily detect latch status, the E3 VISE ACTION Compression Latch with Bi-Stable Cover improves efficiency, enhances safety and reduces maintenance errors.
- Designed for heavy use, the cover helps to protect the E3 VISE ACTION Compression Latch from dust and moisture, making it a suitable choice for outdoor, high vibration or corrosive environments.