Optronics International (Tulsa, OK) has announced the introduction of its new UCL45 Series LED utility, scene, work light. The robustly constructed lamps come with an IP65 rating for dust and water resistance and change the lumen-per-dollar equation in their lighting space. Their ratio of high lumens to low cost and low power makes these lamps perfect for everything from heavy equipment to electric delivery vehicles.
Unlike competing products that glue off-the-shelf LED strip lighting to a printed circuit board (PCB), Optronics’ UCL45 Series lights are robotically assembled using solid-state, surface-mounted diodes soldered directly to the lamp’s PCB. The automated pick-and-place process ensures precision construction and reliable LED performance and proper heat management that extends the life of each diode and the lamp as a whole. Additionally:
- The 12-inch model UCL45CH12BB features an impressive 4,500-lumen output, while the 24-inch model UCL45CH24BB features an industry-leading 9,000-lumen output.
- Both lamps are engineered with heavy-duty extruded aluminum housings, with an integrated mounting bracket, stainless steel end-cap fasteners, and a highly durable powder coating finish that’s available in either black or white.
- The integrated mounting bracket is designed to cast the lamp’s beam pattern at a 20-degree angle.
- The lamps are compatible with both 12-volt and 24-volt electrical systems and are still fully operational within the range of the 9 to 36 volts commonly found in the field.
- Their low overall amp-per-lumen and amp-per-LED draw makes the lamps highly energy efficient and well suited for battery electric vehicle applications and for vehicles in areas with strict no-idling laws. The lamps come complete with both lead and ground wiring, ready to install.