Electro Standards Laboratories (ESL) (Cranston, RI) has designed the Model 4042, a high speed, ruggedized, ST Fiber to RS422 Interface Converter. The model provides a compact, lightweight industrial solution for applications requiring a single point-to-point or a communications link over short and long distances. The Model 4042 features:
- The ability to convert ST Duplex Fiber to Copper RS422 DB9 (F) port.
- Supports constructing an optically isolated high speed communication link between connected devices.
- Operating speeds up to 5 Mbps for RS422 to fiber conversion.
- Configured for 4-wire full duplex operation when operating in RS422 mode.
- Applicability in PC to PC long distance communications, factory automation, data collection devices, barcode readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, ATM’s and serial communications in harsh environments.
- An operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C.
- ESD protection circuitry on the RS422 copper interface.
- Full galvanic isolation (no metallic connection) between connected devices.
- Power input protected from transients, as well as, over voltage and over current.
- Converter powered from a +5V power supply or a +28V power supply via DB9 connector.
For more information, visit: http://www.electrostandards.com/ProductDetail/?productid=2558; or call 401-943-1164.