The EP30NS from Master Bond (Hackensack, NJ) is a two component epoxy system that cures at room temperature or more rapidly at elevated temperatures. It is optically clear especially in thin sections and can be used as an adhesive, sealant, coating and encapsulation compound. EP30NS offers dimensional stability, linear shrinkage of less than 0.01%, excellent physical strength characteristics and cures rigid. Most significantly, this epoxy system has been independently tested per ASTM D4060-14 for abrasion resistance for 1,000 cycles and exhibited a loss of weight of only 18.3 mg. This value exceeds typical epoxy compositions and demonstrates the compound’s ability to withstand exposure to scuffing, gouging, scraping, scratching and wear. Additional features include:
- A Shore D hardness of 80-90.
- A coefficient of thermal expansion of 30-35 x 10-6 in/in/°C, making it well suited for small potting applications.
- Impressive long term electrical insulation characteristics.
- A tensile strength of 9,000-11,000 psi and a refractive index of around 1.56 at 589 nm.
- A 4 to 1 mix ratio by weight. Working life after mixing a 100 gram batch is 20-30 minutes at 75°F.
- A mixed viscosity of 25,000-45,000 cps and flows readily.