Dymax (Torrington, CT) has launched SpeedMask 9-7001, a light-curable maskant designed for protecting connectors and board-level areas from both solvent based and light-curable conformal coatings. Cured masks withstand wave solder and reflow temperatures and can be removed in one piece, saving time and eliminating the concern of ionic contamination or residue left behind by other masking methods. The residue free surface after removal results in passing SIR testing per IPC-TM-650 and zero keep-out violations. Additional features include:
- A halogen and silicone-free maskant that is compatible with gold and copper connector pins.
- Cures upon exposure to light.
- Protection of connectors with no discoloration or corrosion.
- Thixotropic - viscosity decreases when a stress is applied.
- Suitable for manual or automated dispensing on boards or components that may be difficult to mask.
For additional information, visit www.dymax.com or call 860-482-1010.