Inficon (Syracuse, New York) has launched the Contura® S600 leak detector for testing food products sold for bulk retail, foodservice, large-format Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) and flexible packages. Additional features include:
- Capable of detecting gross and fine leaks.
- A larger chamber size measuring 24” x 22” for testing larger packages individually or multiple smaller packages simultaneously.
- A proprietary differential pressure method offers an alternative to water baths and gas-based testing.
- Ideal for pet food, coffee, meat and poultry, baked goods, snack foods, confectionery/candy, cheese, grains and cereals, prepared food and produce.
- Vacuum gauges measure pressure change to calculate the package’s leak rate.
- A stainless-steel housing and dirt-resistant protective cap.