Rigaku recently unveiled their KT-100 Katana handheld laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) metal analyzer with features that include:
- Proprietary Breakthrough Laser Ablation & Detection Engine (BLADE) in analyzing metal compositions, alloy grades, materials and leftover parts. Results of the metal being scanned are displayed on a tilting screen that can be viewed in varying light levels.
- QuickID software for customizing results.
- Analysis of any alloy in under three seconds, including beryllium coppers.
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery.
- Certified to MIL-STD-810G and IP-54 standards.