Lucifer Furnaces, Inc. (Warrington, PA) has designed a dual chamber furnace for heat treating high speed steels. The HS8 Series features:
- Reinforced 12-gauge sheet steel construction.
- The ability to reach up to 2,450 degrees Fahrenheit in the upper chamber, with silicon carbide heating elements mounted across the roof and below the hearth.
- The upper chambers are insulated with 6.5” of combined ceramic fiber hot face and mineral wool cold face insulation, with staggered seams to block direct heat flow in minimizing outer shell temperature.
- The lower chamber is a recirculating oven reaching up to 1,600 degrees Fahrenheit with a high-volume, rear-mounted fan directing air flow horizontally through the chamber for temperature uniformity.
- Heating elements are mounted in removable holders for easy replacement.
- Temperature sensing in the upper chamber is achieved with a type R platinum thermocouple, while the lower chamber uses a standard type K thermocouple.
- Internal chamber dimensions of 12”H x 12” W x 24” L