Stronghold Coating Systems (Franklin, OH) has introduced Blue Dichtol, a modified impregnation coating for new (and newly repaired) castings. It is compatible with all ferrous and nonferrous materials, and composites. Blue Dichtol capillary sealer impregnates micro-pores and hairline cracks without vacuum or pressure, forming a protective barrier to gases and liquids. It can be applied to raw metal, or to castings that have been coated with plasma, arc spray or HVOF coatings. Features include:
- Exceptional capillary action, penetrating to 0.004”, restoring pressure tightness and enhancing surface and varnish properties.
- Proprietary engineered polymers that penetrate deeply (up to 20 mm) into the coating, preventing corrosion of the metal substrate.
- A distinctive blue tint, which provides positive visual proof that porosity has been sealed and casting repairs have been completed as specified. This is a huge advantage for users in terms of both product performance, and product liability.
- The ability to be applied on-site for repair that is both quick and convenient. Following air cure of approximately 1 hour per mm wall thickness, it provides exceptional resistance to chemicals, mechanical stress and temperature extremes.
- A cured coating that is pressure resistant to 8700 psi, and heat resistant to 932 degrees. Blue Dichtol also dampens vibration.