Moticont offers their SDLM-025-070-01-01 direct drive linear motor, also known as an electric cylinder, with:
- A built-in encoder to help improve acceleration, speed, resolution and durability.
- 1.25 µm (0.000049 in.) of resolution.
- A more compact footprint of 1” (25.4 mm) in diameter and 2.75” (69.9 mm) long.
- Inside the motor housing, the linear optical quadrature encoder is directly connected to the shaft for greater accuracy.
- A stroke length of 0.5” (12.7 mm) and a continuous force rating of 22.2 oz. (5.9 N) and peak force of 67.2 oz (18.7 N).
- Quieter, longer life plain linear bearings.