ABB (Auburn Hills, MI) recently unveiled a new single-arm addition to their YuMi collaborative robot line. Features of the IRB 14050 single-arm YuMi include:
- Designed to fit into existing production lines while working safely alongside people.
- Built on a flexible, modular design platform that will allow for a greater variety of robots and sizes, including more tailored solutions.
- Weighs less than 10 kg and capable of being mounted from a ceiling, table or wall.
- Can help meet high-mix, low-volume production in short cycles.
- Intuitive, lead through programming so workers without specialized training can setup and operate the robot.